Recognized as someone who knows what makes professional service firms thrive and highly ranked for her authoritative yet accessible, spirited speaking style, Joan Capelin is often invited to speak at conferences. She does teleseminars regularly for the PRSA College of Fellows and runs communications training programs for firm leaders, the next-in-line generation, and even entire offices. And, she has been the perceptive, anecdotal speaker who energizes special events and retreats.
Joan’s approach to firm-wide acceptance of marketing – Saturn! – is a popular 90-minute program she’s delivered to standing applause around the US. An article in the SMPS Marketer about Joan’s Saturn game inspired both national SMPS and also a major philanthropic organization to use the technique for their retreat.
On the theory that people plan far more effectively and enthusiastically backwards – that is, when they project themselves to a time in the future from which they look back over all they have “accomplished” – Joan developed Merlin! With wizardry and Joan on your firm’s side, great, achievable plans can emerge. This day-long private program is customized and confidential. The “court” can include only a firm’s leaders or a discrete department. Intrigued by time travel? Merlin! will help your firm make long-term planning enjoyable.
Recent topics for public programs:
- Transforming a new generation into leaders
- Energizing the transition process
- How leaders communicate
- Can a crisis destroy your business?
- How to create a public relations strategy
- Getting visibility for your firm
- Mobilizing your important internal audience
- Is branding right for professional service firms?
- What’s next for marketing professional services
- Marketing sustainability
- Integrated marketing communications
- The perils of commoditization and “iconization”
- Personal public relations
- Leadership and ownership of professional service firms
- Demystifying your application to the College of Fellows
Organizations that Joan has addressed:
- American Institute of Architects
- Public Relations Society of America
- Society for College and University Planning (keynote)
- Society of Environmental Graphic Designers
- Society for Marketing Professional Services
All of Joan Capelin’s presentations are tailored to meet the audience’s needs and interests. Fees and expenses depend on the audience, nature of the event, and travel distance entailed. To make arrangements, call 212.779.4949.